Qubes OS 4.2.0-rc1 is available for testing
We’re pleased to announce that the first release candidate for Qubes OS 4.2.0 is now available for testing. This minor release includes several new features and improvements over Qubes OS 4.1.0. Qubes 4.2.0-rc1 is available on the downloads page.
What’s new in Qubes 4.2.0?
- Dom0 upgraded to Fedora 37
- Xen updated to version 4.17
- SELinux support in Fedora templates
- Several GUI applications rewritten, including:
- Applications Menu
- Qubes Global Settings
- Create New Qube
- Qubes Update
- Unified grub.cfg location for both UEFI and legacy boot
- PipeWire support
- fwupd integration for firmware updates
- Optional automatic clipboard clearing
- Official packages built using Qubes Builder v2
Please see the Qubes OS 4.2.0 release notes for details.
The first release candidate for Qubes OS 4.2.0 has been released for testing.