Today KDE releases a bugfix update to KDE Plasma 5, versioned 5.27.6.
Plasma 5.27 was released in February 2023 with many feature refinements and new modules to complete the desktop experience.
This release adds two months' worth of new translations and fixes from KDE's contributors. The bugfixes are typically small but important and include:
- Dpms: Don't crash if trying to interact with the fake screen. Commit. Fixes bug #470484
- Panel: mitigate plasmashell high CPU usage when moving windows. Commit.
- Runners/calculator: implement thread-safety in QalculateEngine::evaluate. Commit. Fixes bug #470219
- Fix ddcutil for laptop user. Commit. Fixes bug #469895
- Fix showing error messages. Commit. Fixes bug #471040
- Fix UI with huge window sizes. Commit. Fixes bug #461102
Jonathan Riddell has announced the release of Plasma 5.27.6.