IPFire 2.27 - Core Update 176 is available for testing
The next update, IPFire 2.27 - Core Update 176, is available for testing. It features a toolchain and package updates (among the security-relevant of them are Intel microcodes), brings the latest batch of bug fixes.
- An edge case related to bug #13138, which caused IPsec root/host certificate generation to fail on the first attempt only, has been fixed.
- While editing OpenVPN static IP address pools, spaces are now handled correctly again ( #13136).
udevrules for LVM volumes have been fixed, allowing for configured LVM volumes to start properly on boot again ( #13151).
- Remove entries for additional mass storage via the web interface of the ExtraHD add-on have been fixed, partially resolving #12863.
- Filesystem journal features are now always enabled for cloud images, and as soon as a disk with SMART support is detected.
misc-progs, the safety net between IPFire's web interface and the core system, have been improved under the hood to allow for better return code enumeration.
- Stéphane Pautrel has contributed improvements to the French translation of IPFire's web interface.
- Updated packages:
- Updated add-ons: CUPS 2.4.6,
nginx1.24.0, Postfix 3.8.1,
As always, we thank all people contributing to this release in whatever shape and form. Please help testing this update, especially if you are using exotic hardware, uncommon network setups, or add-ons, and provide feedback - which is absolutely essential to us.
IPFire 2.27 - Core Update 176 is available for testing. IPFire is a powerful and professional Open Source firewall solution.