Suse 10.0, online update breaks my wireless networking

Hi, I'm using Suse 10. 0 with a Belkin wireless pci card: f5d7000 the one with the atheros chipset. I am using ndiswrapper, that came with the Suse distribution CDs. I had originally configured the wireless card with ndiswrapper and Yast, and things were working perfectly.

Linux Networking 361 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar12.webp

9 Posts
Location -
Joined 2006-03-04
Hi,

I'm using Suse 10.0 with a Belkin wireless pci card: f5d7000 the one with the atheros chipset. I am using ndiswrapper, that came with the Suse distribution CDs.

I had originally configured the wireless card with ndiswrapper and Yast, and things were working perfectly. However, I did an online update, and after that I can no longer connect to my home network.

The card is still operational. YaST recognizes it. I can do:

ifconfig ath0 up

and everything goes smoothly. However, it isn't connecting. I have tried

dhcpcd ath0

but it just sits there for a few seconds, does nothing, and when I check ifconfig, ath0 is no longer listed.

I am using WPA, and I dont know if the online update somehow might have broken things.

Any insight would be appreciated

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar30.webp

237 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-10-14
I had a similar situation awhile back and it was due to the kernel update. In order to correct it, I had to do a clean uninstall of my wireless and recompile ndiswrapper with the updated kernel before it would work again.

Regards,
zenarcher

data/avatar/default/avatar10.webp

2895 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-08-30
zenarcher is absolutely correct. Ndiswrapper is used as a module, so that if you update the kernel, it needs to be installed/reconfigured for the new kernel.