Senao NL-2511CD plus ext2

I am trying to use the Senao Card NL02511CD plus ext2 with fedora core 5. I see that the hostap drivers are already installed. However when I instert the card my laptop does not see it. What do I need to do to get this card working using Fedora Core 5?.

Everything Linux 1798 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar07.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2006-06-22
I am trying to use the Senao Card NL02511CD plus ext2 with fedora core 5. I see that the hostap drivers are already installed. However when I instert the card my laptop does not see it. What do I need to do to get this card working using Fedora Core 5?

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar10.webp

2895 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-08-30
Are you inserting the card before or after you boot the system?

Can you post the exact make and model of the laptop?

Also, pleae confirm that this is a cardbus adapter that you are using? This is an unusual card and I can't find much on it. Prism chipset?

data/avatar/default/avatar07.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2006-06-22
OP
I am inserting the card after it boots up.

It is a Dell D810 laptop.

The chipset is Prism 2.5. This link pretty much has the specs on the card I am trying to use. http://www.seattlewireless.net/index.cgi/SenaoCard

Thanks for your help.

data/avatar/default/avatar10.webp

2895 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-08-30
OK, as long as you are sure it is a prism 2 based chip.

There apparently are a few models/revisions of this card.

See the link that I found from yours on the subject here. Note section 4 on identifying the chipset by the FCC ID number.

Try inserting the card before you boot up. I have no idea if hotplugging this catd works.

What methods have you tried to get it working, or how do you know that it is not detected?