Leading Virtualization and Automation Software Company Revenues Grow 133 Percent in 2006
HERNDON, Va., January 24, 2007 – SWsoft today reported on 2006 results -- highlighted by overall company growth of 133 percent and virtualization revenue from its Virtuozzo and Parallels product lines growing a remarkable 734 percent.
"By every measure, 2006 was an extraordinary year for SWsoft," said Serguei Beloussov, CEO, SWsoft. "Our top line revenue more than doubled, and we continue to receive increasing industry recognition. We intend to accelerate our business in the year ahead by expanding the industry's broadest virtualization product portfolio, along with furthering our data center automation solutions.
Industry Recognition Confirms Customer Results
2006 was a year that customers and industry observers both recognized the need for and the value of SWsoft's approach to virtualization and automation. An IDC industry analyst report published last September cited SWsoft as growing fastest among all vendors in the hot overall market for virtualization technology. The virtualization market is expected to grow to $15 billion worldwide by 2009, according to IDC.
A number of awards and recognition were received including:
· Technology of the Year Award for Best Server Virtualization by InfoWorld - Virtuozzo
· MacWorld Readers' Choice Award and the first non-Apple product to win - Parallels Desktop
· CRN Magazine's new Emerging Vendors Directory for 2006 - SWsoft
· "Best Virtualization Solution" Product Excellence Award at LinuxWorld in April - Virtuozzo
· PC World 20 Most Innovative Products of the Year - Parallels Desktop
· "Analyst’s Choice" rating by eWEEK Labs in its April 3, 2006 issue - Virtuozzo
· Top 100 IT Vendor of 2006 by IT Week magazine in its June 5 issue - SWsoft
· "Top 10" in the 2006 edition of the InfoWorld 100 for arvato mobile GmbH, an SWsoft customer for its use of Virtuozzo
Product Innovation Drives Success
Last year, SWsoft introduced a new version of Virtuozzo OS virtualization, which delivered the industry’s first live server migration without costly shared storage. The company also enhanced its Virtuozzo tools to provide improved CPU management, pre-determined virtual server configurations, and streamlined resource management.
Last June, the Parallels Desktop for Mac virtual machine software product broke through the barrier that previously kept the Mac and Windows from effectively working together side-by-side, simultaneously, on one computer.
SWsoft also introduced major updates to its Plesk control panel, SiteBuilder, HSPcomplete and PEM datacenter automation solutions. These are all part of the OPEN FUSION technology platform initiative, by SWsoft, to advance integration with third-party applications.
SWsoft is a global leader in virtualization and automation software. More than 10,000 customers rely on the proven performance and management capabilities of SWsoft products to optimize their use of IT. Founded in 1999, the company has offices located throughout North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, call 703-815-5670 or visit www.swsoft.com. For more on Parallels, an SWsoft company, visit www.parallels.com.