The 7th update of Sparky 6 – 6.7 is out.
It is a quarterly updated point release of Sparky 6 “Po Tolo” of the stable line. Sparky 6 is based on and fully compatible with Debian 11 “Bullseye”.
– system upgraded from Debian & Sparky stable repos as of May 8, 2023
– PC: Linux kernel 5.10.178 (6.3.1 & 5.15.110 LTS can be installed from Sparky unstable repos)
– ARM: Linux kernel 6.1.21 LTS
– Firefox 18.104.22.168esr (113.0 Mozilla build can be installed from Sparky repos as the ‘firefox-sparky’ package)
– Thunderbird 102.10.0
– LibreOffice 7.0.4 (7.4.5 can be installed from bullseye-backports repos)
– LXQt 0.16.0
– Xfce 4.16
– Openbox 3.6.1
– KDE Plasma 5.20.5
– ntp replaced by systemd-timesyncd
– small improvements
The Sparky Upgrade Checker which displays a popup window if updates are available had an issue; fixed now, but if you type in wrong password, it doesn’t check, it just quit.
After that you can launch the updater manually again from menu -> System-> System Updater
The system reinstallation is not required; if you have Sparky 6.x installed, simply make full system upgrade.
Sparky 6 is available in the following flavours:
– amd64: LXQt, KDE Plasma, Xfce, MinimalGUI (Openbox) & MinimalCLI (text mode)
– i686: LXQt, MinimalGUI (Openbox) & MinimalCLI (text mode)
– armhf: Openbox & CLI (text mode)
– arm64 6.7 RC1: Openbox & CLI (text mode)
PC user:password – live:live
ARM user:password – pi:sparky
New live/install media of the stable line can be downloaded from the download/stable page.
ARM64 6.7 RC1 media can be downloaded from the download/development page.
A new version of SparkyLinux Stable Edition, based on Debian GNU/Linux 11 Bullseye, has been released.