The 4rd update of Sparky 6 – 6.4 is out.
It is a quarterly updated point release of Sparky 6 “Po Tolo” of the stable line. Sparky 6 is based on and fully compatible with Debian 11 “Bullseye”.
– system upgraded from Debian & Sparky stable repos as of August 11, 2022
– PC: Linux kernel 5.10.127 (5.19.1 & 5.15.60-ESR can be installed from Sparky unstable repos)
– ARM: Linux kernel 5.15.32-v7+
– Firefox 22.214.171.124esr (103.0.2 & 102.1.0esr Mozilla builds can be installed from Sparky repos as the ‘firefox-sparky’ and ‘firefox-esr-sparky’ packages, but they use a new user profile, so your bookmarks, passwords, settings have to be synchronized from the Mozilla account)
– Thunderbird 91.10.0
– VLC 3.0.17
– LibreOffice 7.0.4
– LXQt 0.16.0
– Xfce 4.16
– Openbox 3.6.1
– KDE Plasma 5.20.5
– small improvements
System reinstallation is not required; if you have Sparky 6.x installed, simply make full system upgrade:
sudo apt update && sudo apt full-upgrade
or via the System Upgrade tool.
Sparky 6 is available in the following flavours:
– amd64: LXQt, KDE Plasma, Xfce, MinimalGUI (Openbox) & MinimalCLI (text mode)
– i686: LXQt, MinimalGUI (Openbox) & MinimalCLI (text mode)
– armhf: Openbox & CLI (text mode)
PC user:password – live:live
As the Rasperry Pi OS uses a user changer at the first boot, make sure Sparky ARM does not.
ARM user:password – pi:sparky
New live/install media of the stable line can be downloaded from the download/stable page.
Next Sparky iso images of the stable line 6.5 will be published in the middle of November.
A new version of SparkyLinux Stable Edition, based on Debian GNU/Linux 11 Bullseye, has been released.