ELBA-2023-12773 Oracle Linux 9 binutils bug fix update
Oracle Linux Bug Fix Advisory ELBA-2023-12773
The following updated rpms for Oracle Linux 9 have been uploaded to the Unbreakable Linux Network:
Description of changes:
- Refresh CTF patches from upstream.
- Avoid spurious corruption error with symtypetab section emitted by old OL8 GCCs
- Various obscure install-time linking problems
- Make objdump/readelf --ctf parameter optional; make objdump --ctf-parent take
a CTF member name, not a section name
- Improve dumping of types when some types elicit a libctf error
- Put functions as well as variables in the (misnamed) CTF variable section
- Improve handling of various forms of corrupted CTF input.
- Fix errors in comments in and
- Make CTF dicts reproducible even when conflicting types are seen
- Prevent corruption of output when linking multiple object files derived from
the same source
- Minor compiler warning and portability fixes
- Fix (unlikely) crash-inducing uninitialized memory access and wild
pointer overwrite when linking
- Fix the reported offsets of fields within unnamed structs/unions
- Fix a number of places where operations carried out on child dicts
that errored were producing errors on the parent, not the child,
so the caller never noticed them
A binutils bug fix update has been released for Oracle Linux 9.