Devuan GNU+Linux 5.0 based on Debian GNU/Linux 12 with Kernel 6.1 has been released.
Devuan Daedalus 5.0 stable release
Dear Friends and Software Freedom Lovers,
It is with great pleasure that the Devuan Developers hereby announce the release of Devuan Daedalus 5.0 as the project's newest stable release. This is the result of lots of painstaking work by the team and extensive testing by the wider Devuan community.
What's new in Daedalus 5.0?
- Based on Debian Bookworm (version 12) with Linux kernel 6.1
- Rootless startx uses libseat1
- Wayland GUI without elogind
Installation and Documentation
Whether you are upgrading an existing Devuan install, migrating from Debian or installing from scratch, instructions and guidance can be found online:
- http package mirrors (
http://deb.devuan.orgor choose manually from https://pkgmaster.devuan.org/mirror_list.txt)
- http, https, ftp and rsync ISO mirrors
- torrent and magnet
Please take time to read the Release Notes. They include important configuration information and tips to help your install or upgrade go as smoothly as possible.
Resources and Support
- Mailing list: https://mailinglists.dyne.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/dng
- IRC: #devuan #devuan-dev #devuan-arm (Libera)
- Forum: https://dev1galaxy.org
- Press contact: freedom at devuan dot org
- Source code: https://git.devuan.org
- Bug tracker: https://bugs.devuan.org
- Package information: https://pkginfo.devuan.org
- Popularity contest: https://popcon.devuan.org
The next Devuan release, 6.0, is codenamed Excalibur. Repositories are already available for the adventurous to test.
We wish to thank all of you for the incredible support given to Devuan. Without your help and feedback, Devuan could not be the reliable and versatile distribution that it is.
To support the Devuan project you can examine our financial reports and donate at:
or take up one of the tasks listed at:
How you can help Devuan
The Devuan Team