Untitled thread

Hi folks ! I need som assistance I have insatall Mandrak 10. 01. . that was some problem on disc 2 but it was ok after all. My problem is. . that systen need password and login user. . I didnt put any.

Everything Linux 1798 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar25.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2005-01-29
Hi folks !

I need som assistance I have insatall Mandrak 10.01..that was some problem on disc 2 but it was ok after all.

My problem is .. that systen need password and login user.. I didnt put any .. just one user .. me.

Anyone ?

grettings
Beri

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar10.webp

2895 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-08-30
Did you mean that you did not add a root password, or normal user and password during the install?

data/avatar/default/avatar25.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2005-01-29
OP
I didnt make any password at all

data/avatar/default/avatar10.webp

2895 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-08-30
Hmm...I always thought that Mandrake made you pick a root password. I still am not clear on which you mean.

Did you add a root password during the install?

Are you referring to your user name and password? Are you saying that you did not add a user password, just a user name and no password?

If you are speaking of logging in as user (and you did not specify a password on install), at the welcome screen, what happens when you put in your user name, without a password and tell Mandrake to start?

data/avatar/default/avatar15.webp

173 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-01-03
Try logging on as root and use your user name for password.You may have entered your user name as root password.I did that once, took me 2 days to realize what I did.Drove me nuts.