A new version of SparkyLinux Stable Edition, based on Debian GNU/Linux 10 Buster, has been released. The following images are available: LXQt, Xfce, MinimalGUI, MinimalCLI, and ARMHF.
A next point release of Sparky 5.14 “Nibiru” of the stable line is out. This release is based on Debian stable 10 “Buster”.
Changes between Sparky 5.13 and 5.14:
* system upgraded from Debian stable repos as of February 2, 2020
* Linux kernel 4.19.171 (PC) (5.9.15-1~bpo10+1 in Debian backports repo, if you need a newer one)
* Linux kernel 5.4.83-v7+ (ARMHF)
* Firefox 78.7.0esr
* Thunderbird 78.7.0
* VLC 3.0.12
* LibreOffice 6.1.5-3
* LXQt 0.14.1
* Xfce 4.12.5
* Openbox 3.6.1-8
* xterm replaced by spterm, which is used by Sparky tools now
System reinstallation is not required; if you have Sparky 5.x installed, make full system upgrade:
sudo apt update
sudo apt full-upgrade
or via the System Upgrade tool.
Sparky 5 is available in the following flavours:
– amd64 & i686: LXQt, Xfce, MinimalGUI (Openbox) & MinimalCLI (text mode)
– armhf: Openbox & CLI (text mode)
Sparky 5.14 – SparkyLinux