The Scribus Team has released a new development version of Scribus.
Scribus 1.5.8 Release
The Scribus Team is pleased to announce the release of version 1.5.8.
Like previous releases, work on version 1.5.8 focused mostly on bugfixes and code optimizations, the latter of which are expected to lead to reliability and speed improvements. We have also begun to prepare Scribus for using Qt6, which will make our work easier for future releases.
Most important changes
- UI Improvements for dark mode and some icon updates and window interactivity
- Improvements to file import (IDML, PDF, PNG, TIFF, SVG)
- Improvements to PDF export
- Improvements with respect to tables (undo/redo, styles)
- Improvements to the Story Editor
- Improvements to the build system
- Translation updates
- Scribus 1.5.8 now includes Python 3 and is built for mac OS Catalina or higher.
The complete changelog is available here: https://bugs.scribus.net/changelog_page.php?version_id=114. More details are available from the Scribus Commit Mailing List archive ( http://lists.scribus.net/pipermail/scribus-commit/), beginning with revision 24637 in April 2021.
Please note that while some bug fixes still may be backported to the 1.4.x branch, we do not plan an official release of this version anymore. If you think you need the changes, you have to check out the SVN repository and build 1.4.9svn from source. We encourage all Linux and *BSD distributions to switch from 1.4.x to this new version, since it's not only much more versatile but also more stable.
Primary Download Locations
- Installation packages for Windows, macOS, a Linux AppImage and the source code are available here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/scribus/files/scribus-devel/1.5.8/
- Packaging for the various Linux distributions, as well as other platforms is beyond our influence. We recommend updating the respective repository data on a regular basis.
- Windows Portable App: http://portableapps.com/apps/office/scribus_portable#test
Description File Name Sha256sum Sha1sum Source scribus-1.5.8.tar.xz 47816e8fcf6d05788ff16aa4499f97ff22431c777a7789149b0a88b451e16b74 3e41b349f6403d3c3058455da3700013e88153d2 Source scribus-184.108.40.206z 1c2719b964aa5e67178985f24d2b26988f8661b2af7eb6f20037176312bf8104 023007731f993413f42ad754979328cbce70fcb5 OS X 10.15, Intel x64 scribus-1.5.8.dmg d5ebc6f104bb57457c68ce651864053040af38f218bad1eef17491db7e6282ef 0fbb5f12bf167e0c7c3d74a3a76d2bbfbeff57ed Windows 32/64 Bit scribus-1.5.8-windows.exe 315466ec591436d872d74bab0485b1627b6569eb983aff4026d2227aa0fc91f0 3b103cf54d9219dc1545ba3ddca42a92e73f39cb Windows 64 Bit scribus-1.5.8-windows-x64.exe e529e60b32c3667ddd4e008e2569740c6043084d2fbed1a88a3f88dfc90e4c30 38d584b3eb8f5f87949c6f9d995abf8d6b66c8c9 Linux 64 bit AppImage  scribus-1.5.8-linux-x86_64.AppImage 5eed35af732e099035a874eb49367f7547671d8be1ffc09527c9ba78766a824a 7a2e7909d1c0ab4b6bf1084491c0a3580bca628b Windows PortableApps.com Format ScribusPortable_1.5.8.paf.exe
The Scribus Team would like to thank Anduin.net and Modirum for their continued hosting of all of the Scribus websites.
We are grateful to the Organisation Internationale de la Francophonie for sponsoring.
The Scribus Team is also honored to have Resene Colours (New Zealand), dtp studio Oldenburg (Germany), Scientific Illustration Services Corp. (USA), the Newspaper Association of America (USA), Software Consulting Services (USA), freieFarbe e.V. (Germany), bauwerk Kommunikationsdesign (Germany) as Special Supporters and donors of color palettes and other content since the 1.4.x release, just like we are grateful to the owner of Vector Portal for the permission to distribute some of his work as Scribus Templates.
Finally, the Scribus Team would like to thank the many end users, translators, testers and contributors who helped us with this release.1.5.8 Release - Scribus