PHP on the road to the 8.3.0 release
Version 8.3.0 Release Candidate 1 is released. It's now enter the stabilisation phase for the developers, and the test phase for the users.
RPMs are available in the php:remi-8.3 stream or in the remi-php83 repository for Enterprise Linux 7 (RHEL, CentOS) and as Software Collection in the remi-safe repository (or remi for Fedora)
The repository provides development versions which are not suitable for production usage.
Also read: PHP 8.3 as Software Collection
Installation : follow the Wizard instructions.
Replacement of default PHP by version 8.3 installation, module way (simplest way on Fedora, EL-8 and EL-9):dnf module reset php dnf module install php:remi-8.3 dnf update
Replacement of default PHP by version 8.3 installation, repository way (simplest way on EL-7):yum-config-manager --enable remi-php83 yum update php\*
Parallel installation of version 8.3 as Software Collection (recommended for tests):yum install php83
To be noticed :
- EL9 rpm are build using RHEL-9.2
- EL8 rpm are build using RHEL-8.8
- EL7 rpm are build using RHEL-7.9
- lot of extensions are also available, see the PHP extension RPM status page and PHP version 8.3 tracker
- follow the comments on this page for update until final version
- proposed as a Fedora 40 change
Remi Collet has released PHP 8.3.0RC1 packages for Linux distributions based on Fedora and RHEL.