IPFire 2.27 - Core Update 176 released
We are pleased to announce the release of IPFire 2.27 - Core Update 176. It features a large amount of package updates which include a security fixed and updated microcode for Intel processors as well as a couple of bug fixes.
Before we start talking about the changes in detail, we would like to ask for your donation. We have put a lot of effort into building and testing this update and could not do any of this without you. Please, if you can, donate to the project helping us to put more resources to bring you more and better updates. It is very much appreciated by all of us here!
- An edge case related to bug #13138, which caused IPsec root/host certificate generation to fail on the first attempt only, has been fixed.
- While editing OpenVPN static IP address pools, spaces are now handled correctly again ( #13136).
udevrules for LVM volumes have been fixed, allowing for configured LVM volumes to start properly on boot again ( #13151).
- Remove entries for additional mass storage via the web interface of the ExtraHD add-on have been fixed, partially resolving #12863.
- Filesystem journal features are now always enabled for cloud images, and as soon as a disk with SMART support is detected.
misc-progs, the safety net between IPFire's web interface and the core system, have been improved under the hood to allow for better return code enumeration.
- Stéphane Pautrel has contributed improvements to the French translation of IPFire's web interface.
- Updated packages:
- Updated add-ons: CUPS 2.4.6,
nginx1.24.0, Postfix 3.8.1,
Please reboot your system after installing this update if you are running on an Intel processor.
IPFire 2.27 - Core Update 176 has been released. IPFire is a powerful and professional Open Source firewall solution.