Magicolor 2430DL/OpenSuse 10.3 64-bit

I've posted this at the opensuse forums, but am casting my net as wide as possible for responses, I hope that's OK. I've just installed 10. 3 64-bit, and can't get my Magicolor 2430DL printing. I downloaded the foo2jzs tar and extracted it, then went into raptures when I found that it contained a PPD for that very ...

Linux Hardware 765 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar01.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2007-10-11
I've posted this at the opensuse forums, but am casting my net as wide as possible for responses, I hope that's OK.

I've just installed 10.3 64-bit, and can't get my Magicolor 2430DL printing. I downloaded the foo2jzs tar and extracted it, then went into raptures when I found that it contained a PPD for that very printer. Sadly, after adding the PPD to the list, I still got no life from my printer. In a thread on the opensuse forums, the OP says that instructions on the foo2jzs page got his up and running. However, that was for 10.1, and I want to make sure that the instructions will work for 10.3 too.

I need a working printer because I have installed compiz fusion and now want to enable it. Since this involves going into a terminal and restarting X, I want nice clear printed instructions that will make sure both my neurons know what they're doing. Especially since I'm thinking I should try using compiz fusion directly, without xgl. I'm not exactly scared of the CLI, but it's been a while, and I would feel much more comfortable with a working printer. Of course, I could always reboot into XP, come back here, print the instructions I need, then boot back into Suse and carry on, but if I can avoid doing that, so much the better.

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.