Drivers for Acer Aspire 1644 Needed

Hi guys, This is my first topic in your forum. I'm running Red Hat 9 on Aspire 1644. And this is my first time to run Linux. Would anyone help me getting drivers for my hardware? I think basically everything fine but I need the following: Bluetooth Wireless VGA Sound Regards, Mar1.

Linux Hardware 765 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar08.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2008-01-10
Hi guys,
This is my first topic in your forum. I'm running Red Hat 9 on Aspire 1644. And this is my first time to run Linux. Would anyone help me getting drivers for my hardware? I think basically everything fine but I need the following:
Bluetooth
Wireless
VGA
Sound

Regards,
Mar1

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar10.webp

2895 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-08-30
RedHat 9 is no longer supported and is quite old (circa 2003). Most likely you will have a good deal of trouble and spend a lot of time trying to run this flavor on the system, or finding "drivers" to run the wireless and bluetooth.

You would have much better luck running a newer distro like Fedora 8 SuSE 10.2 or Ubuntu.

This laptop has many configurations, can you post your system specs.?

data/avatar/default/avatar32.webp

0 Posts
Location -
Joined 2009-12-11
Hi guys,
This is my first topic in your forum. I'm running Red Hat 9 on Aspire 1644. And this is my first time to run Linux. Would anyone help me getting drivers for my hardware? I think basically everything fine but I need the following:
Bluetooth
Wireless
VGA
Sound

Regards,
Mar1

Hi all, I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!