WengoPhone 2.1 rc2
Posted on: 03/26/2007 10:54 AM
Just two weeks since we made our RC 1 release, here is the WengoPhone 2.1rc2 from the Openwengo project. The release is available for download from: http://download.wengo.com/releases/WengoPhone-2.1/RC2/
OpenWengo is a project aimed toward providing the best possible communication over IP program, both easy to use and conforming to industry standards.
A large number of issues were identified and fixed between the RC1 and RC2 releases, including several bugs which resulted in application crashes.
As always, feedback in greatly appreciated at http://www.openwengo.org
About OpenWengo and the WengoPhone
This is the second pre-release from OpenWengo for the WengoPhone 2.1. It includes some major functionality not present in version 2.0, including:
* Secure voice calls using AES 128 bit encryption - thanks to Everbee for this free and open implementation
* The ability to configure a SIP account on any SIP server
* Massive stability enhancement on Mac and Linux - including hundreds of bug fixes.
* Migration to the CMake build system (as used by the KDE project) is complete
* Several usability improvements make OpenWengo even nicer to use
Major functionality already present in the 2.0 release includes:
* Free computer-to-computer phone and video calls using the industry standard SIP protocol
* Organise three-way audio conferences
* Cheap calls to fixed lines and mobile phones worldwide, including sending SMSes, thanks to our partnership with the Wengo SIP platform
* Unify all of your instant messaging accounts in one client, and talk to all your buddies without changing applications
* Find friends on the Wengo network through the Wengo directory
* Transfer files to Wengo contacts
More details about OpenWengo are available at http://www.openwengo.org
- the OpenWengo bug tracker is athttp://dev.openwengo.com/trac/openwengo/trac.cgi/wiki
OpenWengo Community Development Manager