Posted on: 11/07/2006 10:34 AM
Tracker 0.5.1 has been relased:
I'm pleased to announce a new stable release of Tracker (version 0.5.1) - the all-in-one indexer, search tool and metadata database.
Users of the previous version should upgrade ASAP (unless they are using a threadsafe version of SQLite - IE one compiled with --enable-threadsafe)
New Features :
* Inlined a threadsafe version of sqlite to prevent common errors like content not being indexed. This can be overriden for those with a threadsafe version of sqlite. (Jamie McCracken)
* New Gstreamer based audio/video extractor on by default (Laurent Aguerreche)
* Made extractors more robust (Laurent Aguerreche)
* Fixed a number of compiler warnings (tpgww onepost net)
* Tidied up the tracker-search-tool to have buttons more evenly sized (Eskil Bylund)
* Fixed a few leaks and made the dbus interface more robust (Ulrik Mikaelsson)
* Imporved IOprio detection (tobutaz)
What is it?
Tracker is a personal search tool and storage system that allows you to search and enhance your personal data with the minimum of fuss.
It allows you to find the proverbial needle in your computer's haystack as well as providing a one stop solution to the organisation, storage and categorisation of your data.
What does it do?
Tracker trawls through your data and organises it so that it can be retrieved extremely quickly later on via simple searches.
This organisation puts your data into categories so that application like photo managers and music players can instantly find relevant content automatically
Tracker enables you to tag your data with keywords which can be used to find related information or to group and categorise your data further
Tracker lets you extend your data with additional metadata