Tomboy 0.7.2 Released (development release)
Posted on: 07/15/2007 11:34 AM
Tomboy 0.7.2 is the third development release of the 0.7.x series leading up to 0.8.0. Like usual, please be aware that running the development series code is considered living on the edge (please make regular backup copies of your notes).
A new Tasks addin has been added, allowing you to create a task in a note by simply starting a line with "todo:". It also provides a more sophisticated stand-alone task management UI, available from the notes menu. Every part of this addin is subject to change, as it is undergoing heavy development. Any feedback is appreciated, of course.
Speaking of addins, Tomboy's entire plugin infrastructure has been revamped to use the new Mono.Addins library. This makes it much easier to create "extension points" within Tomboy where addin developers can hook in their features. All built-in plugins have been converted to addins, but third-party developers will need to update their code. Old-style note plugins will no longer be recognized by Tomboy.
Note to packagers: Tomboy bundles a slightly modified version of Mono.Addins 0.2, so at this point Tomboy cannot depend on a packaged version of Mono.Addins.
Tomboy is a simple note-taking application designed to be unobtrusive and friendly, while supporting inter-note links similar to a WikiWikiWeb to help you organize your notes and ideas. It can run either as a Gnome panel applet or a notification tray-icon.
Tomboy's Website: http://www.gnome.org/projects/tomboy
Tomboy's Wiki: http://live.gnome.org/Tomboy
* Road Map: http://live.gnome.org/Tomboy/RoadMap
* Brainstorming: http://live.gnome.org/Tomboy/PlaceForNewIdeas
Tomboy is available at:http://download.gnome.org/sources/tomboy/0.7/tomboy-0.7.2.tar.gz
md5sum: 68719ca0978317b342066506017e1ec7 size: 2.1Mhttp://download.gnome.org/sources/tomboy/0.7/tomboy-0.7.2.tar.bz2
md5sum: dc256478dd4feb8c9d7e8b861b45afe7 size: 1.6M
We were not meant to be:http://www.qwantz.com/archive/000492.html
This release includes the following:
* New Tasks addin (experimental, subject to change).
* Integrated Mono.Addins support with several new extension points.
* Migrated all note plugins to be note addins.
* New MonoDevelop-inspired addin preferences tab.
* New ApplicationAddin type.
* New DBus method SetNoteContentsCompleteXml, for loading a foreign note file.
* --open-note command line option now accepts a note file path as an argument.
* Fix SetNoteContentsXml DBus method to apply formatting (#440562, John Carr).
* Fix to select title when creating new notes (#449478, Yonatan Oren).
* Fix opening notes with keyboard in bulleted list (#433244, Stefan Schweizer).
* Update HTML export link/title colors (#449597, Stefan Schweizer).
Special thanks to everyone entering bugs, submitting patches, and helping to make Tomboy better! You rock!