Tomboy 0.7.1 Released (development release)
Posted on: 05/14/2007 08:56 PM
This email is to announce Tomboy 0.7.0, the first development release of 0.7.x. Like usual, please be aware that running the development series code is considered living on the edge (please make regular backup copies of your notes).
A new tagging system has been added. The UI that exists in this release is meant as just a testing ground for the underlying tagging system. If you're feeling up to the task, please submit a patch for a better tagging UI. We'd love to hear your comments surrounding tagging, what features surrounding it would be the most useful, and the UI you'd prefer to see.
PACKAGERS: Please note that automatic detection of the dbus service directory has been removed as a convenience for developers running make install. Please adjust your packages accordingly. You may specify --with-dbus-service-dir=DIR to specify the directory where org.gnome.Tomboy.service should be installed.
Tomboy is a simple note-taking application designed to be unobtrusive and friendly, while supporting inter-note links similar to a WikiWikiWeb to help you organize your notes and ideas. It can run either as a Gnome panel applet or a notification tray-icon.
Tomboy's Website: http://www.gnome.org/projects/tomboy
Tomboy's Wiki: http://live.gnome.org/Tomboy
* Road Map: http://live.gnome.org/Tomboy/RoadMap
* Brainstorming: http://live.gnome.org/Tomboy/PlaceForNewIdeas
Tomboy is available at:http://download.gnome.org/sources/tomboy/0.7/tomboy-0.7.1.tar.gz
This release includes the following:
* Added LINGUAS support (#409940, Everaldo Canuto).
* Reopen opened notes at startup (#305118, Stefan Schweizer).
* Fix to create images dir for bugzilla plugin (#430599, Frederic Crozat).
* Fix to unpin notes when they are deleted (#425619, Stefan Schweizer).
* Fix to use GNOME Document Font by default (#409939, Andrew Fister).
* Other bugfixes: #432843, #432844, #438145.
Special thanks to everyone entering bugs, submitting patches, and
helping to make Tomboy better!