Tomboy 0.7.0 Released (development release)
Posted on: 04/23/2007 10:00 PM
Tomboy 0.7.0, the first development release of 0.7.x has been released. Like usual, please be aware that running the development series code is considered living on the edge (please make regular backup copies of your notes).
A new tagging system has been added. The UI that exists in this release is meant as just a testing ground for the underlying tagging system. If you're feeling up to the task, please submit a patch for a better tagging UI. We'd love to hear your comments surrounding tagging, what features surrounding it would be the most useful, and the UI you'd prefer to see.
PACKAGERS: Please note that automatic detection of the dbus service directory has been removed as a convenience for developers running make install. Please adjust your packages accordingly. You may specify --with-dbus-service-dir=DIR to specify the directory where org.gnome.Tomboy.service should be installed.
Tomboy is a simple note-taking application designed to be unobtrusive and friendly, while supporting inter-note links similar to a WikiWikiWeb to help you organize your notes and ideas. It can run either as a Gnome panel applet or a notification tray-icon.
Tomboy's Website: http://www.gnome.org/projects/tomboy
Tomboy's Wiki: http://live.gnome.org/Tomboy
* Road Map: http://live.gnome.org/Tomboy/RoadMap
* Brainstorming: http://live.gnome.org/Tomboy/PlaceForNewIdeas
Tomboy is available at:http://download.gnome.org/sources/tomboy/0.7/tomboy-0.7.0.tar.gz
This release includes the following:
* New note tagging (UI very subject to comments/change).
* Keep static main menu items close to the panel icon (#431839).
* Note of the Day template accessible via plugin settings.
* MonoDevelop (0.13) support (Tomboy.mds added to project).
* Added --with-dbus-service-dir=DIR option to configure script.
* Fix disappearing pinned notes (#417590).
* Fix to use colors from the tango palette (#411909, Wouter Bolsterlee).
* Fix to use create/modify date as specified in the note xml file.
* Fix to remove "Open Plugins Folder" from various places (#414326).
* Fix to use proper category in tomboy.desktop (#417364).
* Fix to prevent DefaultPlugins.desktop from being installed (#418567).
* Fix to always include dbus-sharp source files in the tarball (#427933).
Special thanks to everyone entering bugs, submitting patches, and
helping to make Tomboy better!