Tomboy 0.5.6 Released
Posted on: 02/06/2007 08:39 AM
Tomboy 0.5.6 has been released:
This mail is to announce the new Tomboy version 0.5.6 development release. If you're running a previous 0.5.4 or older, you'll want to update to this release before you hit the bulleted list serialization problem (fixed in 0.5.5).
Tomboy is a simple note-taking application designed to be unobtrusive and friendly, while supporting inter-note links similar to a WikiWikiWeb to help you organize your notes and ideas. It can run either as a Gnome panel applet or a notification tray-icon.
See the website at http://www.gnome.org/projects/tomboy
for downloads, screenshots, and more information.
Tomboy's Road Map: http://live.gnome.org/Tomboy/RoadMap
Tomboy is available at:http://download.gnome.org/sources/tomboy/0.5/tomboy-0.5.6.tar.gz
This newest release (0.5.6) includes the following:
* This is a bugfix-only release...
* Fix multi-line indent in bulleted lists (#402338).
* Fix panel icon sizing (#354416, #403500).
* Fix search window timestamp when notes are changed (#378400).
* Fix problem of formatting being applied to bullet chars (#403026).
* Fix crashes opening help and preferences dialog from menu (#403290).
* Fix to prevent note title from being bulleted (#403408).
* Fix non-translatable strings in plugins (Mathias Hasselmann, #387579).
* Fix NoteOfTheDay title rename from "NotD" to "Today".
* And others (#356448, #403033, #403745)
As a reminder, the 0.5.x releases are development releases (for GNOME 2.17.x). The next stable version of Tomboy will be 0.6.0 and will be released in conjunction with GNOME 2.18.
Special thanks to everyone entering bugs, submitting patches, and helping to make Tomboy better! Also, welcome aboard Chris Scobell (the bulleted list guru) as an official Tomboy AUTHOR.