Tomboy 0.5.2 Released
Posted on: 12/19/2006 11:29 AM
Tomboy is a simple note-taking application designed to be unobtrusive and friendly, while supporting inter-note links similar to a WikiWikiWeb to help you organize your notes and ideas. It can run either as a Gnome panel applet or a notification tray-icon.
See the website at http://www.beatniksoftware.com/tomboy
for downloads, screenshots, and more information.
Tomboy is available at:http://download.gnome.org/sources/tomboy/0.5/tomboy-0.5.2.tar.gz
This newest release (0.5.2) includes the following:
* New bulleted list support (Chris Scobell).
* New configurable plugin interface (Mathias Hasselmann).
* New Backlinks Plugin.
* New extensible UI via Gtk.UIManager.
* Improved behavior running without notification area.
* DBus service name now "org.gnome.Tomboy".
As a reminder, the 0.5.x releases are development releases. The next stable version of Tomboy will be 0.6.0 and will be released in conjunction with GNOME 2.18.
Tomboy's Road Map: http://live.gnome.org/Tomboy/RoadMap