Tomboy 0.4.0 Released
Posted on: 09/05/2006 01:59 PM
Tomboy version 0.4.0 has been released
Tomboy is a simple note-taking application designed to be unobtrusive and friendly, while supporting inter-note links similar to a WikiWikiWeb to help you organize your notes and ideas. It can run either as a Gnome panel applet or a notification tray-icon.
See the website at http://www.beatniksoftware.com/tomboy
for downloads, screenshots, and more information.
Tomboy is available at:http://download.gnome.org/sources/tomboy/0.4/tomboy-0.4.0.tar.gz
This newest release (0.4.0) has a lot of great new features and bugfixes as described in the NEWS file:
* Support building with Gtk# 2.
* New Sticky Notes import plugin (Sanford Armstrong).
* Note loading code cleanups (Sebastian Rittau).
* Use Tango icons by default.
* Allow icon theming.
* Support TOMBOY_PATH environment variable.
* Remove dbus-sharp dependency, require dbus 0.90.
* Fix recursive HTML note export infinite loop.
* Fix Preferences dialog modality.
* Locale-friendly dates on printed note footer.
* Update Galago plugin for 0.5 API.
* Install Gnome URL handler for note://.
* Improve ToC load time.
0.4.0 is the first Tomboy release to be considered as part of the GNOME 2.16 desktop environment. This is really exciting, and I can't wait to see what the larger exposure and improved release planning, documentation, and translations will do for the future of Tomboy.
A special thanks goes out in this release to Sanford Armstrong, whose hard work on the Sticky Notes import plugin helped make Tomboy's inclusion into GNOME a reality.