Posted on: 08/10/2005 05:58 AM
Tomboy is a simple note-taking application designed to be unobtrusive and friendly, while supporting inter-note links similar to a WikiWikiWeb to help you organize your notes and ideas. It can run either as a Gnome panel applet or a notifiication tray-icon.
Visit the Tomboy website at http://www.beatniksoftware.com/tomboy
for downloads, screenshots, and more information.
This newest release (0.3.3) has lots of great new features and bugfixes, including:
* Support for building under Mono 1.1.8.
* New HTML export plugin.
* New plugin menu in toolbar.
* Rewritten print plugin, based on GEdit codebase.
* Support user and system plugin directories.
* Added keybinding to close all open notes (Ctrl-Q).
* Support global keys with scroll/num/caps lock.
* Correctly namespaced note XML content.
This is a maintence and feature release, and the first release of any kind in some time, due to free-time constraints on its author. So now is the time to get involved and lead the project wherever you think it should go!