The Definitive Guide to Using Mandrake Linux
Posted on: 02/28/2003 02:13 PM
MandrakeSoft Press has released a new Mandrake Linux book:
To meet the growing demand for high-quality Linux documentation, MandrakeSoft is proud to introduce the "The Definitive Guide to Using Mandrake Linux", a comprehensive new book that provides in-depth coverage of the latest version of the highly regarded Mandrake Linux 9.0 distribution.
Whether you're a seasoned Linux pro or a brand new user, you'll find valuable information for installing, configuring, and administering the Mandrake Linux 9.0 operating system. From step-by-step installation and troubleshooting instructions to configuring file and Web servers, this 646-page book has it all, including:
- Installing Mandrake Linux with DrakX
- Using KDE and GNOME
- Internet applications and usage
- Office productivity applications
- Software Package management
- Using the command line
- Learning about the Linux file system
- Building and installing Free Software; including compiling and installing new kernels
- Using the graphical server wizards to configure DHCP Server, Domain Name Server, Postfix email server, Samba file and print sharing, Web Server configuration, FTP server, more
- Using Webmin to configure POP and IMAP, MySQL Database Server, BIND
DNS Server, more
- Plus an extensive chapter on Linux security tips and techniques
- And much more
"The Definitive Guide to Using Mandrake Linux" is the first title released by "MandrakeSoft Press" -- a new line of books and resources dedicated to helping you make the most of Mandrake Linux software products.
"The Definitive guide to Using Mandrake Linux" is available exclusively from MandrakeStore for only $39 USD / 39 euros:http://www.mandrakestore.com
Or treat yourself to a special bundle pack: "The Definitive Guide to Using Mandrake Linux" plus a Mandrake Linux 9.0 DVD for only $79 USD (save $20 USD).
Written by the folks from the MandrakeSoft documentation team, the "Definitive Guide to Using Mandrake Linux" is sure to become an essential resource for every Linux user!
MandrakeClub members receive an immediate 15% discount off the current list price for the manual:http://www.mandrakeclub.com/article.php?sid=527