Posted on: 12/20/2006 02:46 PM
This is a development release.
Seahorse is a GNOME application for managing encryption keys. It also integrates with nautilus, gedit and other places for encryption/decryption operations.
Current work on seahorse is going into making encryption easier for end users to use and (where needed) comprehend.
The GPG and SSH agent code now runs in the 'seahorse-agent' process. This is similar to how it used to work in Seahorse 0.8.x.
If you've been running development versions (ie: 0.9.x) and have been starting 'seahorse-daemon' in your session, you'll need to change that to 'seahorse-agent' after installing this release.
Documentation on the nitty-gritty of properly starting seahorse-agent can be found here:http://live.gnome.org/Seahorse/SessionIntegration
Changes between 0.9.8 and 0.9.9:
* Documentation fixes by lt;email@example.com;
* Split agent and DBus daemon into separate processes
for security and stability reasons.
* Fix crasher when selecting and filtering keys.
* Fix crashes in the agent, and handling of invalid
* Ability to hide tray icon for cached secrets.
* Fix crash when typing passwords.
* Better configuration for agent, now sets 'use-agent'
in configuration file.
* Fix crash when closing window or deleting keys.
* Add Subkey dialog now works properly.
* Francisco Javier F. Serrador (es)
* Daniel Nylander (sv)
[MD5 sum: 412ee5c4b6e36b765db8fd27d1ec360a]
* Bug reports are appreciated and should be filed in the