Posted on: 08/17/2006 03:15 AM
Seahorse 0.8.2 has been released
Seahorse is a GNOME application for managing PGP keys. It also integrates with nautilus, gedit and other places for encryption, decryption and other operations. Seahorse is based on GPG and GPGME.Seahorse 0.8.2
This release implements most 'PGP type' functionality and should be useful for anyone familiar with OpenPGP.
Current work on seahorse is going into making encryption easier for end users to use and (where needed) comprehend. The 0.9.x releases will reflect this.
Changes between 0.8.1 and 0.8.2:
* Fix problems with seahorse-agent leaving temp directories in ~/.gnome2/
* Make keyid column sortable
* Don't display expire date for remote keys.
* Make background of tray icon transparent.
* Ignore key server URIs with unsupported schema
* Prompt for a signer when signing a key.
* Several crasher and smaller fixes.
(MD5 sum: ee7de41490edd7123de6e99880c34efd)