The fourth Alpha of Scientific Linux 6 (based on Redhat Enterprise Linux 6) has been released.
We have released the fourth Alpha of Scientific Linux 6.
The release is athttp://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/6rolling/
DVD and Net Install downloads are athttp://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/6rolling/i386/iso/http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/6rolling/x86_64/iso/
***CHANGED SINCE ALPHA 3***
- Changed background
- Changed background on gdm
- change kdm theme
- Generic (non-graphical) startup now has blue instead of red.
- OpenAFS 1.6.0 Added
- liveusb-creator 3.9.2 Added
Packages Changed, but have the same name
(This is done as we check our packages against The Upstream Vendors
packages, find differences, and fix those differences.)
- This was put in so that another package could build. Since The
Upstream Vendor does not want to support it, we do not plan on
supporting it just to build one package.
Packages that haven't been built, and aren't in the release.
If you install openafs during the install, you do not get the firstboot
screen that asks you which cell you want.
We have not put in any external repos, such as EPEL or rpmforge. We
expect to add these when we move to Beta
***CHANGES PLANNED FOR ALPHA 5 / BETA 1***
We are planning on SL6 Alpha 5 or BETA 1 to be released Friday January
Expected Updates for Alpha 5 / Beta 1
- We will continue to compare our packages against The Upstream Vendor's
packages, comparing everything in them. We still have about 30 packages
- Hopefully the last trouble rpm's will be in the release.
- Add yum repositories (not installed by default)
- Finishing touches on graphics and overall look.
- get openafs firstboot to run correctly
Thanks to everyone who has tested and helped thus far.
The Scientific Linux Development Team