Posted on: 08/08/2005 12:11 PM
Revelation is a password manager for the GNOME 2 desktop, released under the GNU GPL license. It stores all your accounts and passwords in a single, secure place, and gives you access to it through a user-friendly graphical interface.
This release adds a GNOME panel applet for searching and browsing accounts. It also fixes a crash when loading missing theme icons, and has quite a few minor usability improvements and bugfixes.
On september 1st I am going to Asia for 6 months, and I won't be doing any work on Revelation during this period. If necessary I will try to do another release before I leave, so please report any bugs or suggestions for improvements in the next couple of weeks.
- GNOME panel applet for looking up account info
- option for copying password to clipboard on doubleclick
- passwords are removed from clipboard after 60 seconds
- drag-and-drop from password labels when hiding passwords
- new "Add folder" item, instead of adding folders through "Add entry"
- rearranged toolbar layout
- option for setting toolbar style
- the searchbar entry gets focus on startup if shown
- don't crash when attempting to load missing theme icons
- properly handle all gnome-vfs errors when reading/writing files
- password labels are unselectable when hiding passwords
- don't warn about missing config data when schema install worked
- avoid showing duplicates of non-modal dialogs
- HIGified labels in dialogs
- install modules into platform-specific pyexecdir instead of pythondir
- don't use deprecated gnome.vfs module with gnome-python 2.10
- properly quote autoconf macro names
- removed unit tests
- moved Timer class from ui module to data module
- moved the wrap/ directory to src/wrap/
- renamed the authmanager module to gnomemisc
- wrapped panel_applet_request_focus()