PyGObject 2.13.1 (unstable)
Posted on: 05/02/2007 08:22 PM
I am pleased to announce version 2.13.1 of the Python bindings for GObject, for your testing pleasure.
The new release is available from ftp.gnome.org as and its mirrors as soon as its synced correctly: http://download.gnome.org/sources/pygobject/2.13/
- Generic CClosure marshaller using libffi (Johan, #353816)
- Uninstalled .pc file (Damien Carbery, #385129)
- Fix leak in GFlags handling (Daniel Berrange, #428726)
- Use dirname in autogen (Lo=EFc Minier, #409234)
- Treat None in a GValueArray as pointer/NULL (Ed Catmur, #352209)
- Toggle reference bug fix in tp_setattro (Gustavo, #434659)
- Add a simplified helper for creating properties (Johan,
- Avoid throwing an exception in GValue converter (
James Livingstone, Ed Catmur, #374653)
- Build fix in .pc file (Luca Ferretti, #435132)
GObject is a object system library used by GTK+ and GStreamer.
PyGObject provides a convenient wrapper for the GObject+ library for use
in Python programs, and takes care of many of the boring details such as
managing memory and type casting. When combined with PyGTK, PyORBit and
gnome-python, it can be used to write full featured Gnome applications.
Like the GObject library itself PyGObject is licensed under the
GNU LGPL, so is suitable for use in both free software and proprietary
applications. It is already in use in many applications ranging
from small single purpose scripts up to large full
PyGObject requires GObject gt;= 2.8.0 and Python gt;= 2.3.5 to build.