Posted on: 10/04/2006 12:14 AM
I am pleased to announce version 2.12.2 of the Python bindings for GObject.
The new release is available from ftp.gnome.org as and its mirrors as soon as its synced correctly: http://download.gnome.org/sources/pygobject/2.12/
What's new since PyGObject 2.12.1:
- Make PyGObject 64-bit safe for Python 2.5 (Gustavo)
- All headers are now LGPL and not GPL (Johan)
- Remove a couple of GCC warnings (Gustavo)
- Revive distutils support (Cedric Gustin)
- Emission hook reference count bugfix (Gustavo)
- MSVC/ANSI C compilation fix (John Ehresman)
- Bump Ctrl-C timeout handler from 100ms to 1000ms (Johan)
GObject is a object system library used by GTK+ and GStreamer.
PyGObject provides a convenient wrapper for the GObject+ library for use in Python programs, and takes care of many of the boring details such as managing memory and type casting. When combined with PyGTK, PyORBit and gnome-python, it can be used to write full featured Gnome applications.
Like the GObject library itself PyGObject is licensed under the GNU LGPL, so is suitable for use in both free software and proprietary applications. It is already in use in many applications ranging from small single purpose scripts up to large full featured applications.
PyGObject requires GObject gt;= 2.8.0 and Python gt;= 2.3.5 to build.