Posted on: 03/14/2006 09:49 AM
Pango-1.12.0 is now available for download
This is a stable release providing new functionality as compared to Pango-1.10, while maintaining source and binary compatibility. Notable improvements in Pango since version 1.10 include:Pango-1.12.0
* Addition of a cairo+ATSUI backend for rendering using native fonts on MacOS X platform.
* Lots of optimizations. The PangoLayout operations should be around 30% or more faster.
* Improved robustness. Pango almost doesn't crash anymore, even in very hard conditions that fonts are missing or unusable.
* Supporting OpenType layout features for basic scripts like Latin/Greek/Cyrillic.
* Installing a simple tool called pango-view which is mostly useful for testing purposes. It is suggested that distributions include it in their devel package for the least.