Posted on: 04/24/2006 09:50 AM
Orca 0.2.3 has been released
Orca is a scriptable screen reader for the GNOME desktop for people with visual impairments.Orca 0.2.3
* What's changed ?
* Many changes to the way settings are handled, including allowing them
to be dynamically reloaded at run time.
* Nascent support for configuration GUI (still needs work).
* Nascent support for magnification (still needs work).
* First pass at key and word echo (still needs work).
* New support for ~/.orca/orca-customizations.py, a file that will
not be overwritten, but will also be loaded if it exists.
* Refactor of script.py to include methods for getKeyBindings,
getBrailleBindings, getInputEventHandlers, and getListeners to make it
easier for subclasses to override these things.
* New settings.orcaModifierKeys setting to allow the user to specify
which key(s) are to be used as the Orca modifier key.
* New support to allow a script on a toolkit basis versus just being
on a per app basis.
* Fixed the way localized files were being found and used.
* Reduced repetitive verbosity.
* Updates to the requirements document.
* Fixed metacity script to recognize apps started after Orca was
* New script for planner.
* Better handling of spell checking in StarOffice, Evolution, and GEdit.
* More reliable synchronization of local Accessible cache.
* Fixes for bugs 338687, 334294, 319643, 319789, 330631, 319651,
339690, 334893, 338240, 337857, 337704, 337709, 337489, 337322,