nemiver release 0.3.0
Posted on: 01/22/2007 10:08 AM
nemiver is a standalone graphical debugger that integrates well in the GNOME desktop environment. It currently features a backend which uses the GNU debugger gdb for debugging C/C++ programs.
Where to get it?
This release is available as a source package in tar.gz format and can be downloaded from: http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/nemiver/0.3
This is a bug fixes, new features, and performance improvement release. It requires the new 0.3.0 version of the libgtksourceviewmm library.
* added a "detach from target" functionality
* added a basic "find text in source file" functionality
* added a "list source files that make up the current executable"
functionality. Integrate it into the "open source file" dialog
* new set of Nemiver icons
* better spinner model
* better debugger engine state management
* better handling of targets not compiled with -g
* properly clear the status notebook when target is no more being debug
* massive gdb controlling interface performance speedup (gt; 7X speedup)
* show hidden directories in the "Run program" dialog
* better detection of variables in the "hover on variable" workflow
* set the LD_BIND_NOW environment variable to prevent slow stepping into
functions that are in DSOs.
* make ctrl-c (SIGINT) triggers a graceful shutdown
* better pointer dereferencing behaviour
* #386473 deleting a breakpoint greys out all actions
* #381703 Close all open files when switching to a new debug session
* #386594 update dereferenced pointers during stepping
* #394485 Variable line-height too high for some variables
* #384427 breakpoints are not shown on newly open files
* HIG fixes
* update translation credits in the About dialog
* make the window title show information about the target being debugged
* mark more strings as being translatable
* better management of the nemiver.desktop file
* #386806 Use placeholder strings (%s) for filenames in messages
* #396767 call stack widget does not show the frame number
* #389177 String misleading in nmv-call-stack.cc
* #389175 Typos in nmv-dbg-perspective.cc
* 394469 =96 Quicker access to source files
* [nl] Reinout Van Shouwen
* [de] Carsten Reith
* [es] Juan
* [fr] Dodji Seketeli, Bob Mauchin