Posted on: 02/27/2003 01:27 PM
MySQL 4.0.11 has been released:
This is a new beta development release, adding new features and fixing recently discovered bugs.
Functionality added or changed:
* Fixed problem with `multi-table-delete' and InnoDB tables.
* Fixed a problem with `BLOB NOT NULL' columns used with `IS NULL'.
* `NULL' is now sorted *LAST* if you use `ORDER BY ... DESC' (as it was before before MySQL 4.0.2). This is change was required to follow ANSI SQL 99. (The original change was because we thought that ANSI SQL 99 required NULL to be always sorted at the same position, but this was wrong).
* Added 'START TRANSACTION' (ANSI SQL99 syntax) as alias for `BEGIN'. This is recommended to use instead of `BEGIN' to start a transaction.
* Added `OLD_PASSWORD()' as a synonym for `PASSWORD()'.
* Allow keyword `ALL' in group functions.
* Added support for some new `INNER JOIN' and `JOIN' syntaxes. For example, `SELECT * FROM t1 INNER JOIN t2' didn't work before.
* Re-added missing pre- and post(un)install scripts to the Linux RPM packages (they were missing after the renaming of the server subpackage).
* Fixed that table locks are not released with multi-table updates and deletes with InnoDB storage engine.
* Fixed bug in updating BLOB columns with long strings.
* Fixed integer-wraparound when giving big integer (>= 10 digits) to function that requires an unsigned argument, like `CREATE TABLE (...) AUTO_INCREMENT=#'.
* `MIN(key_column)' could in some cases return `NULL' on a column with `NULL' and other values.
* `MIN(key_column)' and 'MAX(key_column)' could in some cases return wrong values when used in `OUTER JOIN'.
* `MIN(key_column)' and `MAX(key_column)' could return wrong valuesif one of the tables was empty.
* Fixed rare crash in compressed MyISAM tables with blobs.
* Fixed bug in using aggregate functions as argument for `INTERVAL', `CASE', `FIELD', `CONCAT_WS', `ELT' and `MAKE_SET' functions.
* When running with '--lower-case-table-names' (default on windows) and you had tables or databases with mixed case on disk, then executing `SHOW TABLE STATUS' followed with `DROP DATABASE' or `DROP TABLE' could fail with `Errcode 13'.Download