MonoDevelop 1.0 released
Posted on: 03/15/2008 10:37 AM
MonoDevelop 1.0 has been released
The MonoDevelop team is proud to announce the release of MonoDevelop 1.0.MonoDevelop 1.0 released
MonoDevelop is a GNOME IDE primarily designed for C# and other .NET languages. MonoDevelop enables developers to quickly write desktop and ASP.NET Web applications on Linux and Mac OS X. MonoDevelop makes it easy for developers to port .NET applications created with Visual Studio to Linux and Mac OS X and to maintain a single code base for all three platforms.
The main features of MonoDevelop are:
* Customizable workbench, including custom key bindings, custom layouts, and external tools.
* Support for several languages: C#, VB.NET and C/C++, with Boo and Java (IKVM) are available as separate add-ins.
* Support for code completion and type information tooltips.
* Refactoring operations to simplify changes like renaming types and type members, encapsulating fields, overriding methods, or implementing interfaces.
* Code navigation operations such as jumping to variable definitions and finding derived classes.
* Easy to use GUI designer for GTK# applications, also supporting the creation and management of custom GTK# widget libraries.
* Integrated source code version control, with support for Subversion.
* Integrated unit testing based on NUnit.
* Support for ASP.NET projects, allowing web projects can be built and tested on XSP.
* Integrated database explorer and editor (beta).
* Integration with Monodoc, to provide documentation about classes.
* Support for makefiles, both generation and synchronization.
* Support for Microsoft Visual Studio project formats.
* Packaging system that allows generating tarballs, source code and binary packages.
* Command line tools for building and managing projects.
* Support for localization projects.
* Extensible add-in architecture.