Metacity 2.8.2 released
Posted on: 08/05/2004 10:04 AM
A new unstable version of Metacity has been released
Metacity is a simple window manager that integrates nicely with GNOME 2. Metacity 2.8.2 breaks with the old versioning in order to try to match the Gnome version numbering. Thus while 2.8.0, 2.8.1, andDownload
2.8.1.x are stable versions of Metacity, 2.8.2 is an unstable version.
* What's changed ?
Many bugfixes and better support for the freedesktop.org EWMH spec.
Thanks to Rob Adams, Anders Carlsson, Elijah Newren, Soeren Sandmann, Emil Soleyman-Zomalan, Michael Terry, and Jeff Waugh for fixes in this release.
- set titlebar_uses_system_font = false (it was ugly)
- make naming for "move a window"/"move the window"/"move window" more consistent (fixes #142235)
- Add trailing quotes to keybinding explanation text.
- support for EWMH update counter spec add compensation events
when events are ignored. (fixes #143333 and #109362)
- Fix focus bugs: remove race condition on window close/minimize (#131582), make focus choice consistent for each focus mode (#135810), choose correct focus window when "un-showing the desktop (#144900), make sure correct window is focused when using the workspace switcher (#120100).
- Use meta_topic instead of meta_warning when failing to connect to a session manager; reduces metacity verbosity. (fixes #136218)
- Make meta_window_delete take a timestamp, and be sure to pass it one.
- Add support for EWMH _NET_WM_USER_TIME spec. This enables part of preventing focus stealing. (bug #118372) Also fix bug with windows not being focused on unminimizing caused by original patch. (also bug #118372)
- Fix some support for EWMH hints, and fix USER_TIME support to include the DEMANDS_ATTENTION hint. Also includes some code for implementing _NET_RESTACK_WINDOW and _NET_MOVERESIZE_WINDOW, but this is disabled pending feature thaw.