Mandriva UK Limited is launched
Posted on: 06/27/2007 11:28 AM
A press release from Mandriva:
Mandriva UK Limited (United Kingdom) was launched on May 23rd 2007 as the sole UK partner for Mandriva S.A, offering Mandriva Linux operating systems. Our target areas are corporate applications and solutions to individuals, educational institutions, public and private organizations, ISVs and OEMs all over the United Kingdom.
The goal of Mandriva UK Limited (United Kingdom) is to provide local distribution of Mandriva Linux and other integrated open source applications in multiple languages throughout the UK.
Mandriva UK strategic goals are based on the following:
* the development of a nationwide support network through http://www.mandriva.uk.com/support.html
and other databases. Mandriva UK has formed a special Linux database for customers purchasing from the UK, the database will include the following:
- access to Linux Command Database;
- access to problem and solutions Database;
- priority problem solving (private questions and answers form).
This private Database will be active from July 2007;
* making Mandriva products available through UK OEMs, and VARs. Bundling Mandriva Linux with their hardware, for private and corporate users;
* work with Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) to provide an open source integration environment for their application, thereby make their products available to the international market;
* work with educational institutions and organizations in bridging the digital divide;
* appoint and develop Mandriva certified business partners to provide Linux deployment and act as a support network to help individuals and organizations;
* appoint and develop Mandriva authorized education centres to provide Linux Professional Institute-certified Linux training and create a network of certified Linux engineers and professionals;
* sales through distribution networks of Mandriva Linux software and hardware.
The OEM versions of all Mandriva products are currently available and running on hardware from major international OEM vendors like HP, IBM/Lenovo, Dell and Acer. Mandriva UK plans to work with local OEMs in bundling these products on their hardware.
Mandriva, formerly known as Mandrakesoft, is the publisher of the popular Mandriva Linux operating system, one of the most full-featured and easy to use Linux systems. The company offers its enterprise, government, and educational customers a complete range of GNU/Linux and open source software and related services. Mandriva products are available in more than 140 countries through dedicated channels and also from Mandriva Store, the company's online store. Born in 1998, the company has offices in the United States, France and Brazil. In May 2007, Mandriva finalized the acquisition of Linbox, an open source pioneer specializing in turnkey IT infrastructure solutions. For more information please visit: http://www.mandriva.uk.com