Mandriva presents its latest distribution: Mandriva Linux 2008 Spring
Posted on: 04/09/2008 03:29 PM
Mandriva Linux 2008 Spring has been released
Based on Mandriva’s on-going development, Mandriva Linux 2008 Spring offers the latest updates and open source software.Mandriva presents its latest distribution: Mandriva Linux 2008 Spring
Mandriva, the leading European publisher of Linux, today announces the launch of Mandriva Linux 2008 Spring, the major new version of Mandriva Linux boosted by more than 100 improvements which make for a quicker and more powerful application.
Endowed with a new, simplified user interface designed to be more intuitive and accessible, Mandriva Linux 2008 Spring, introduces new tools, including an entirely revised office.
Changes to Mandriva Linux 2008 Spring include:
- Improvements made to the RPMdrake graphics interface for the installation of packets (the delivery of more information, sorting functionality, etc),
New parental control, allowing parents greater supervision of their children’s activities on the Internet by automatically identifying any improper content before authorising access to a website which enables temporal limits to computer use,
- A new Elisa multimedia center, a new intuitive functionality which affords management of your photos, music and videos,
Coherence's application, which allows you without any installation to share multimedia documents between either two PCs or with a gaming console or a media center,
- New support for telephones and smartphones for synchronisation with the GNOME and KDE environments. Telephones and PDA on Windows Mobile(R) are recognised as well as Blackberry devices and Nokia telephones,
- The Codeina framework has been introduced for the installation of adequate codecs to facilitate the use of multimedia files,
- A new integrated graphic theme, on KDE allows the screen to progressively change colour as the hours go by,
- KDE 4.0.2 is available in depots.