Mandriva Benelux is launched
Posted on: 08/29/2007 03:44 PM
A press release from Mandriva:
Mandriva Benelux NV (Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg) was launched on August 16th 2007 as the sole Benelux partner for Mandriva S.A, offering Mandriva Linux operating systems. Our target areas are corporate applications and solutions to individuals, educational institutions, public and private organizations, ISVs and OEMs all over the Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg region.
The goal of Mandriva Benelux NV is to provide local distribution of Mandriva Linux and other integrated open source applications in multiple languages throughout Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg.
Mandriva Benelux NV strategic goals are based on the following:
* the development of a nationwide support networks. Mandriva Benelux NV has formed a special Linux database for customers purchasing from Belgium, The Netherlands or Luxembourg, the database will include the following:
- access to Linux Command Database;
- access to problem and solutions database;
- priority problem solving (private questions and answers form).
* making Mandriva products available through Benelux OEMs and VARs. Bundling Mandriva Linux with their hardware, for private and corporate users;
* work with Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) to provide an open source integration environment for their application, thereby make their products available to the international market;
* work with educational institutions and organizations in bridging the digital divide;
* appoint and develop Mandriva certified business partners to provide Linux deployment and act as a support network to help individuals and organizations;
* appoint and develop Mandriva authorized education centres to provide Linux Professional Institute-certified Linux training and create a network of certified Linux engineers and professionals;
* sales through distribution networks of Mandriva Linux software and hardware.
The OEM versions of all Mandriva products are currently available and running on hardware from major international OEM vendors like HP, IBM/Lenovo, Dell and Acer. Mandriva Benelux plans to work with local OEMs in bundling these products on their hardware.
For more information on Mandriva Benelux visit the official website: http://www.mandriva.be/
"The major truth that we have known from our experiences during the recent years is that close strategic partnerships are vital to optimize growth and long-term success. I am very pleased to welcome Benelux as a member of the Mandriva Partner ecosystem", said Gaurav Parakh, Mandriva Partnership Manager.
Mandriva, formerly known as Mandrakesoft, is the publisher of Mandriva Linux, an easy-to-use and innovative operating system. It is one of the most popular Linux editions in the world. Dedicated to making open source technologies accessible to all users, the company offers a full range of products and services to individuals, enterprises and government organizations. Mandriva products are available online in 80 languages and in more than 140 countries through dedicated channels. Headquartered in Paris, France, the company is publicly traded on the Euronext Marche Libre.
More information at: http://www.mandriva.com