Lubuntu 10.10 Beta 2 has been released. Here the announcement:
The Lubuntu Maverick Beta 2 iso is now available for testing.
This is the last testing iso before the final release of Lubuntu 10.10.
As the iso is still not build with Ubuntu architecture, this release and
the final one will be named "Beta".
== What's new ? ==
Since Beta 1 :
- Bug fixes.
- And the usual updates from Ubuntu.
Since the beginning of Maverick :
- Updates on programs installed by default :
* Update-notifier was added
* Xpad was added
* Parcellite was removed
* Pyneighborhood was removed
* LXtask was added, to replace Xfce4-taskmanager
* Evince is now used for reading PDF.
* Some small games, powered by ace-of-penguins.
- New theme, made by Rafael Laguna
- New slideshow available during the installation
- LXDE is now HAL-free. Lubuntu still depends on HAL for CD-burner, but
by removing it, you can obtain a HAL-free system.
- A new meta-package (lubuntu-core) is available to install only core
packages of Lubuntu.
- A new meta-package (lubuntu-restricted-extras) is available to install
restricted packages for Lubuntu (such as flash, java and extra codecs
- Add support for indicator applets on lxpanel (turn off by default)
- New lxappareance from LXDE git (without Openbox integration)
- And the usual updates of LXDE and Lubuntu components packages.
== Specific Lubuntu changes ==
Lubuntu contains 1 specific changes still not available on Ubuntu
official repository :
- Support for lxdm in ubiquity
== Known bugs ==
* Start menu of the Live-CD is not correctly translated.
* Install menu entry in the Live-CD doesn't work.
* Keyboard layout is not correctly set on the Live-CD session.
* The splash screen on Live-CD session may fall-back to Ubuntu text one.
* Installer doesn't install correct restricted packages
== Reporting bugs ==
You can find information on how to report bug on this wiki page :https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/ReportingBugs
== Download ==