Posted on: 05/18/2005 09:13 AM
Liferea 0.9.2 has been released
Liferea (Linux Feed Reader) is a fast, easy to use, and easy to install GNOME news aggregator for online news feeds. It supports a number of different feed formats including RSS/RDF, CDF, Atom, OCS, and OPML.
* The search box was changed to a search dialog to avoid
user confusion about the search scope.
* Searching is now case insensitive.
* Added a menu option to create a new vfolder.
* The texts in the preferences dialog were somewhat
reduced. Thanks for all the proposals on this topic!
* Added search paths for Firefox to the start script, so
Liferea can run with Firefox instead of Mozilla.
* Fixes bug 1169518, which crashed when a vfolder item
the user has selected was dropped from the source
* The interface to add subscriptions from external programs
was changed. The old pipe in ~/.liferea/new-subscription
was removed and now there is optional compile time support
for DBUS. If enabled Liferea subscribes upon an appropriate
DBUS message. (patch from Raphaël Slinckx)
* Improved error handling for feed post processing filters.
(patch from dwpoon)
* Updated Spanish translation. (Carlos Fenellosa Biesla)
* Updated Finnish translation. (Pauli Virtanen)
* Updated Czech translation (Juraj Kubelka)
* Updated Japanese translation (Takeshi Aihana)
* Updated Italian translation (Dario Conigliaro)