libgda/libgnomedb 1.3.3 released
Posted on: 06/13/2005 05:30 AM
libgda/libgnomedb are a complete framewok for developing database-oriented applications, and currently allow access to PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, Sybase, SQLite, FireBird/Interbase, IBM DB2, mSQL and MS SQL server, as well as MS Access and xBase files and ODBC data sources.
libgda/libgnomedb are the base of the database support in the GNOME Office application suite, providing database access for many features in both Gnumeric and Abiword.
1.3.3 fixes a few build problems found in 1.3.2.
Changes since libgda 1.3.2
- New API additions (Vivien)
- Added get_specs_create_database and create_database_params virtual methods for providers (Vivien)
- Updated API documentation (Vivien)
- Implemented new providers' methods for SQLite, PostgreSQL and MySQL (Vivien)
- Build fixes (Rodrigo)
Changes since libgnomedb 1.3.2
- Changed some menu strings to match similar ones in other menus (Rodrigo)
Tarballs are available athttp://download.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/libgda/1.3/http://download.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/libgnomedb/1.3/
To install this new version, you'll need:
* libgda: glib, libxml2, libxslt
* libgnomedb: libgda and dependencies, libgnome/ui, libglade,
libbonoboui and, optionally, gtksourceview
You can find more information at the projects' homepage (http://www.gnome-db.org), or you can ask any question/propose anything you want in the GNOME-DB mailing list, which is available athttp://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnome-db-list.