K Desktop Environment 3.5 Released
Posted on: 11/29/2005 03:11 PM
KDE 3.5 has been released
The KDE Project is happy to announce a new major release of the award-winning K Desktop Environment. Many features have been added or refined, making KDE the most complete, stable and integrated free desktop environment available.K Desktop Environment 3.5 Released
Notable changes include:
- Konqueror is the second web browser to pass the Acid2 CSS test, ahead of Firefox and Internet Explorer
- Konqueror can also now free web pages from adverts with its ad-block feature
- SuperKaramba is included in KDE, providing well-integrated and easy-to-install widgets for the user's desktop
- Kopete has support for MSN and Yahoo! webcams
- The edutainment module has three new applications (KGeography, Kanagram and blinKen), and has seen huge improvements in Kalzium
- For a more complete log of changes, complete with screenshots and explanations, see the KDE 3.5 visual guide to new features.
Stephan Kulow, KDE Release Coordinator, said: "The improvements made in the past year show how mature the KDE Project is. KDE is the most powerful desktop environment and development platform in the market. With huge changes expected in KDE 4, our next release, KDE 3.5 should provide users with the perfect productivity platform for the next couple of years."