Intrusion on www.gnome.org (Update)
Posted on: 03/24/2004 06:51 AM
An updated has been posted on the GNOME mailing list:
A quick status update on the situation:
* No additional damage has been discovered; at the current time we are cautiously hopeful that the compromise was limited in scope.
* ftp.gnome.org is back on now that we have additional confidence in the integrity of the tarballs.
* We've now restored a number of services running on a replacement machine
- Websites including www.gnome.org, and developer.gnome.org are back up in limited service; dynamic content is still off so some parts may be inaccessible.
- planet.gnome.org is again providing all your favorite blogs and gossip.
- Bugzilla is in testing mode; we hope to restore general access in the next day.
Thanks for your patience; we'll continue to provide updates as we move back to fully operational status.
The GNOME sysadmin team
24 March 2004