intltool 0.31 is available
Posted on: 06/27/2004 05:09 PM
A new release of the intltool package is available
The intltool package is a set of tools for translating the contents of data files using the gettext translation framework.Download
This release contains many bug fixes, so as always we suggest everyone to upgrade.
Thanks goes to Rodney Dawes and Danilo Segan for their hard work on this release.
This release unfortunately includes the not-portable (I was told) mkinstalldirs. I know some dislike this and I will look into using mkdir_p for the next release. Any help is appreciated.
Some of the changes since the last release:
* Usage of [no-xml] option in AC_PROG_INTLTOOL to avoid requiring XML::Parser Perl module. (Rodney Dawes)
* Support for C#. (Rodney)
* Support for running intltool-update without autoconf, or with po/Makevars file (as used in gettext). (Danilo Segan)
* New XML merging (compatible with pre-0.27.2 intltool) -- bug #130802 -- entity decoding and encoding is not done anymore for XML. (Danilo)
* Multiple-output XML merging now produces simpler files, and sets "xml:lang" only when translation is used -- bug #46650. (Danilo)
* Support for passing comments to translators from XML and GConf schema files. (Danilo)
* Many bug fixes (Rodney, Danilo, Callum McKenzie)