hylafax 4.2.1 released
Posted on: 01/11/2005 03:38 PM
Thanks spunz. hylafax 4.2.1 has been released
The HylaFAX development team is pleased to announce our 4.2.1 patch level release! As always, our sincerest thanks go to all who participate and provide feedback.
The source code for the 4.2.1 release can be downloaded from: ftp://ftp.hylafax.org/source/hylafax-4.2.1.tar.gz
(md5: 05430e41a279d0fff6d6e4b444440829 1,412,035 bytes)
The README file from this release follows. Please read it carefully.
* * *
This document is intended to describe the significant differences
between hylafax-4.2.1 and older releases, point out any known
incompatibilites and issues, and provide the reader with directions to
further resources regarding HylaFAX.
* NEW FEATURES *
* hfaxd security fix for hosts.hfaxd entries without
* support for gcc v3.3 and libtiff v3.7
* fax batching support
* numerous other enhancements and bugfixes (see CHANGES)
* KNOWN ISSUES *
* A low-priority job can block a high priority job to the same destination.
** Please refer to HylaFAX Bugzilla for a detailed list of issues.
* INCOMPATIBILITIES *
* libtiff-3.6.1 is fatally flawed when dealing with Group 3 images.
Don't use it as-is.
* WHO SHOULD UPGRADE? *
For security reasons, everyone should consider upgrading to this 4.2.1 release as soon as possible.
* HYLAFAX BINARY PACKAGES *
Binary packages for some operating systems and platforms are available.
Please see ftp://ftp.hylafax.org/binary/
If you are able and willing to produce a binary package of HylaFAX for general distribution, then you are invited to join firstname.lastname@example.org and solicit your binary package.
* SUPPORT *
HylaFAX has numerous public support resources available. The user is encouraged to utilize the manpage documentation before turning to other support arenas. However, if other support is desired, or if you would like to actively take part in the HylaFAX community, you are invited to:
* join and participate in a HylaFAX mailing list
When corresponding about this software, please always specify:
- what version of HylaFAX you have,
- what system you're running on (if it is Linux please name the
- if the problem is modem-related, identify it and the firmware rev
For example: "HylaFAX v4.0pl2 under RedHat Linux 4.2 with gcc 2.7.2;
ZyXEL 1496E with 6.11a firmware."
* read the on-line documentation and resources
See: http://www.hylafax.org and http://www.hylafax.org/howto
* review HylaFAX CVS
* report confirmed bugs, feature requests, and submit patches