Hardware Monitor applet 1.4 released
Posted on: 01/14/2007 03:02 PM
A little late celebration of the new year.
- Added a vertical version of the bar viewer by patch from Emmanuel Rodriguez.
- Fixed wrong counting of CPU time with new libgtop.
- Translation updates.
- monitor CPU/memory/swap/disk usage, load average, Ethernet/modem/wireless throughput, internal temperatures, internal fan speeds
- multiple views that all support multiple monitors:
- a curve view with smooth lines
- a bar view with wacky horizontal bars
- a column view with ultra-clear vertical blocks
- a text view for those who want extreme precision
- a flame view to impress your friends
- a modular design for future enhancements
- well-behaved GNOME panel applet (no floating gkrellm windows)
The source can be downloaded from here: http://people.iola.dk/olau/hardware-monitor/
Screenshots are also available from the above page. The applet requires at least Gnome 2.6 and the gtkmm 2.6 and related gconfmm and libgnomecanvasmm libraries from www.gtkmm.org. Note that you need to install libsensors and setup lm-sensors with your kernel if you want to monitor temperatures and fan speeds.